• DDS volunteers provide comprehensive treatment to eligible patients
• Volunteers do not provide emergency services
Applicants must lack adequate income to pay for dental care and:
• Have a permanent disability, or
• Are elderly: age 65 or older, or
• Qualify as medically fragile
Due to lengthy wait lists, applications are ONLY being accepted in the following cities on the Big Island: Kailua-Kona, Kealakekua, Waimea (or Kamuela) , except for persons with developmental disabilities.
If you have documentation from a physician stating that you cannot receive essential medical treatment due to your dental condition you can apply for the program even if your county is closed.